I really love Kroger.  They have the freshest foods in my small town, but they don't stop there!  They have a Community Rewards Program where they give back to non-profits, so MCF has signed up.  Now, every time I shop, I get great food, great prices, Fuel Points (2x on the weekends all summer!), plus I help add to the rewards check they send to MCF every quarter.  Just the few of us that have signed up so far have been helping MCF get about $40! (That's enough to pay for an event or two for the students! - So it typically goes right back to Kroger :) )

I've also discovered Kroger's My Magazine Sharing Network. It's a long name, but they give me free stuff.  FREE STUFF!  They send me items or coupons in the mail, I try out the items, and then I tell them what I thought.  If it's good or bad.  Then, they'll send me more stuff to try.  I get free stuff, they get the feedback and publicity.  We both win!

Yesterday, we bumped into some friends at the store and decided right then that we were all free for the evening so it was the perfect time to #FireUpTheFlavor and finally try these new spice rubs and chips they sent us.  We also wanted to try some other flavors offered (we're a little hesitant for something that's name screams it's going to be spicy) and combined it with some other Kroger Private Selection favorites, and had a delicious meal!



I was pretty proud of my setup.  I pulled out all the cute trays for displaying the burger toppings and the fresh fruits, and it all tasted just as good as they looked!



After we tried everything, we picked our favorite new flavors from Private Selection and will showcase them here for you.


* The Green Chili Rub ended up not being as spicy as we were anticipating (thankfully!) but that also could have been because Payton used it sparingly. Being the first time we tried the seasoning rub, we weren't sure how much to use in 2 pounds of meat.

* We also tried the Espresso Coffee Rub, which he liked better. But he's also a bit of a coffee snob, so anything that says "hey, there's coffee in here!" he's all over it.

* The Texas Inspired BBQ Chips were a fun smack in your face. They have some pretty potent flavors that will make you say "WHOA!" the second those sweet and spicy flavors hit your taste buds!

* The Moroccan Inspired BBQ Sauce was just about spot-on.  We've experienced the flavors of that beautiful country first-hand, and this is a pleasant way to bring them home.  It's perfectly blended to have flavor without too much cumin spice.  Absolutely perfect on a burger!

* I can't host a party without a dessert. Even though I was baking a Tiramisu Cheesecake, it wasn't for this party. (Maybe I'll make another post later about that experiment!) So instead, I went with a known favorite: Gourmet Chocolate Chunk Cookies.  Those giant chocolate chunks satisfy the chocolate craving, and one cookie is just right.  In fact, one of us said "Oh no!" Because it was so good, there went the diet! Hey, go big or go home.  If you're going to ruin the diet, do it well!



Kroger also sent a booklet of coupons specifically for me to share with others, so I have more if you would like some, too!



This meal brought to you by Kroger Private Selection brand foods and fresh Kroger ingredients.

Although I'm getting free items in exchange for my posts and honest opinions about the products, I'd be sharing them with others anyway.  We love food in our house, and that's definitely the way to spread the love!

If you would like to sign up for the free samples from Kroger, click here:
http://h6.sml360.com/-/dbgc


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just Breathe - #freesample

The Free Stuff Guest Blog You Never Knew You Needed

Time for your "First Day"!!