So... Rory likes tacos.

Once again, part of dinner was brought to us for FREE by KROGER.
This time: chips and salsa.  So, of course, we had to have a taco night.  🍅🌮


As the years fly by, I'm discovering all the things my body doesn't like anymore.  Taco seasoning, spices, and the like give me heartburn.  That's new.  And very unpleasant.  Which also includes tomatoes🍅, chocolate🍫, coffee☕... all the delicious stuff that I have to eat in moderation now.  So a free container of red, tomato-ful salsa was mostly for my husband. Lucky. Not only does he not suffer from heartburn, he hasn't puked since I've known him!  12 years and counting.  Don't we all want to be so lucky!  At least taking a daily vitamin has helped me control that.  Everyone should take their vitamins!

But, this is a post about the lime... but no coconut. Just tomatoes.  And actually, a lack of lime.  We both thought the same thing and had the "meh" face when we tried the new Tostitos Hint of Lime mild salsa.  The lime flavor is there... somewhere... but it's overpowered by the spice.  I love citrus flavors, so it's rare for me to say "there's too much".  He'd say it long before I would.  You should try my lemon bars, you'll understand!

The chips weren't the best either, but I'm sold on the Cantina thin chips, so it's going to be hard to top those for me.

So, sorry to be a downer, but these weren't Tostito's best work.  Add some more lime and they'd be better.  The lime is supposed to cut down on the spice, not make you have to swim through the spice to find it.

On the other hand, Rory wanted to take a shot at testing out the food, too. He took one whiff of the open jar of salsa and squinted his eyes, reared his head back, and sat and watched in wonder as to why I would eat something spicy.  That's a good question, since I know it's just going to upset my stomach later.  I should note that later, he decided maybe he would like to try a bite of the tortilla, though.  I guess he smelled fresh meat and cheese!  He was disappointed, though, not getting a bite.

Make smart choices. Know what's good for you and your body. And of course, pet all the kitties, all the time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just Breathe - #freesample

The Free Stuff Guest Blog You Never Knew You Needed

Time for your "First Day"!!