We Scream For Ice Cream

I am OBSESSED  with Kroger's Private Selection line of Ice Cream flavors.  I haven't found one yet that I didn't love.  My favorite is a toss up between the
Denali Extreme Maximum Fudge Moose Tracks Image result for private selection denali extreme moose track
and the Sea Salt Caramel Truffle                              .
Coffee is a very close third!                                      






ICE CREAM PERFECTION!!!

Click HERE to see some (sadly not an exhaustive list - c'mon Kroger, get your website updated!) of their delicious options, and then go snag one, or five, for yourself and your family and friends for you next big get-together, or just for after dinner, or just for your next big cry.  Perfect for every occasion!

So, given my love for Kroger's Ice Cream, I was initially very excited when I read the latest My Magazine Sharing Network's Mission: "Ice Cream Social".
I thought "OOOHH, this will be great! I'll invite friends over, and we'll sample a bunch of flavors (because who are we kidding? If I get a coupon for a free one, I'll buy another so I can share that one too!  We already did that with the seasoning rubs and basting sauces earlier this summer.

Sadly, I was disappointed to discover that after I enthusiastically signed up for this mission, the only thing I was being asked to do was COLOR A PICTURE.  Now, I'm very artistic and crafty, so I didn't mind getting my colored pencils out. I was just hoping for a picture to color while eating some delicious ice cream.  I did. I used the regular coupons Kroger offers every day to buy a tub of my #2 favorite, shown above.

The mission said to choose my favorite. So I did. Then I thought I would still enlist the help of some others. No need to let a good coloring page go to waste! They were sitting there all black and white, just begging for a little color in their lives!  Over the weekend, I handed the other two off and my mom colored one and my brother-in-law colored the other for me.  Then we snapped a picture together with our masterpieces.

We're a crafty bunch. 
My sister (not pictured) sews handmade clothing, hats, baby bibs, aprons.... you name it. She's made costumes and period pieces that are amazing. She has a Theatre degree with emphasis in costumes and prop design. She's your next community play find!
My brother-in-law (her husband) has a degree in Graphic Design and he currently works at a custom sign shop and is learning how to screen t-shirts, too. He's also a really great drawer, and has been making stone jewelry pieces, among many other things!
My mom put the artistic spark in us. We always had things to color, whether that medium was acrylic, watercolor, or stained glass paint, or chalk, colored pencils, or markers. We always had something to work on growing up. She's also always loved to cross-stitch, and paint canvases, and now she's also gotten into painting the rocks to hide around town in places for others to find.

And then there's me. I have been painting canvases, doing photography, creative and colorful organizational design, making cards and t-shirts with the cricut, and using Microsoft Publisher for everything I can possibly try to use it on. I've started a Bible Journal, which I hope to have finished by the time I have a kid and want to pass it on to them.... we're not there yet, so I've still got loads of time!  I also now work for a company where I work in Color Matching. So many fun colors!

Also not pictured is my dad. He's a Marine. He may not be as artsy as we are, but he fought in a war, and then he ran security for really cool places. You know, like the OLYMPICS. And a very prominent airport. He's done stuff way cooler than we have. 

Also, my husband is the grill master. He plays with fire. He used to spin fire. Around his head. For fun. Now he intricately navigates the busy walkways with swinging pieces of glass at a window factory with a terribly designed layout. But he does it, all for the sake of paychecks to lead to a better life (that one that will get us ready for kids, as I just mentioned.)

Together, we're family.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just Breathe - #freesample

The Free Stuff Guest Blog You Never Knew You Needed

Time for your "First Day"!!